1. Plots must be planted by June 1st (weather permitting) or the plot and payment will be forfeit. Plots must be tidied and readied for winter by October 31st or they will not be renewed for the following season. Please keep your plot well-maintained throughout the growing season. This includes keeping it weeded. If, as the season progresses, you feel gardening is not for you, please just let the coordinator know and we can take over the plot – it is not permitted to pass the plot to someone else as we have a long waiting list.
2. The shed (combination given with rental) contains a selection of tools and watering cans. Just make sure they’re put away when you’re done, and the shed is left securely locked. If you want to use it as a greenhouse to get seeds started or grow something that needs more heat, you can. Your plot number is marked on a small spot in there. Please don’t spill over into anyone else’s spot.
3. Do not plant anything outside of your plot, up against the shed, in communal areas, etc. It may end up being removed or thrown out. Stick to your plot and your spot in the shed.
4. Hoops/Plastic. We have limited sets of hoops and plastic to cover your plot in the spring to help the soil warm up and get your plot started. The plastic needs to be removed by June 30th, although hoops may remain in case you need to cover your plot during a hail storm. The plastic must be removed again after the storm has passed. Hoops and plastic can be signed up for at the event that starts each season.
5. Communication area in the shed – there is a whiteboard on the inner door of the shed for leaving messages.